Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shrinky Dinky TG

My husband is pretty tall which is something I absolutely love about him. But he turned 30 a month ago and now he thinks he's shrinking. Using a measuring tape (the most accurate measurement in the world) he has determined that he's about an inch shorter than he used to be. I didn't think it bothered him (again citing the accuracy of having someone who's 5'4 measure you with a tape measure), but at dinner he was quiet for a bit and then broke the silence with the following conversation.

T.G.: You know when I went out for about 10 minutes just to try and shovel some of the snow from the end of the driveway? I wore your Uggs.

Me: Okay.

T.G.: You know what's scary about that? They fit perfectly. My feet must be shrinking too.

Me: (Laugh).

T.G.: I'm serious.

Me: That's because my Uggs are big. My mom bought them for me when I was pregnant with Riley remember? They are a size 11 because my feet were too swollen to fit a 9 1/2 then.

T.G.: (Visibly relieved) Oh.

I find it endearing that my husband who is easily one of the least worrisome people I know was worried he's becoming a shrinky dink.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This just made my day! Guys are so silly. How is everything going with you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!