Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Magical Evening

A few weeks ago I took Riley on a special Mommy and Daughter date. I had planned it ahead of time, but I didn't tell Riley until the afternoon of the show that we were going to Disney On Ice Rockin' Ever After show.

I have wanted to see this show with Riley since she was 2 years old, but I had forgotten about it until I was having a conversation with my friend about the first time she had seen the show. Her story was so sweet that I immediately jumped online in search of tickets. I told her what we were doing by showing her the youtube advertisement of the show. Her immediate reaction was excitement, bordering on hysteria with tears. Then I whipped out the new Rapunzel wedding dress I got for her to wear to the show. She couldn't stop proclaiming, "You're the best Mommy ever!".

Joy/hysteria.

She requested that I braid her hair with flowers just like Rapunzel. We used every flower clippie she owns. It made her so very happy.


I fell into the Disney money trap, but I did so with a grin on my face. She loves her spinning Rapunzel light.

We got there with plenty of time to enjoy a hamburger before the show. Our seats were amazing and they had Disney princess songs playing and lights going for us to enjoy before the real fun began.

My poor, sad, camera phone was not loving all the flashing lights, but we attempted a self photo anyway.


If you have never been to Disney On Ice, I will tell you it was worth every penny. Both Riley and I were on the edge of our seats for the entire show, singing and clapping while simultaneously wide eyed and open mouthed in complete awe. The choreography, special effects and the cast were amazing.

Riley loved having a special night with just me and all of my attention, but she commented many times that we should have brought her brother along too.  When he's a little older we'll have to make a return visit and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving us some love!