Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy New Year!

We haven't celebrated New Year's really since Riley's been born. I don't think I need to explain the reasons why.

We're the kind of parents that seriously both obsessively love and need sleep. So we were pretty excited to make actual New Year's Eve plans this year. Don't get too excited. I've yet to realize my dream of a semi drunken kiss at midnight under a balloon drop, but I'm a step closer than asleep for three hours by midnight and grumbling about fireworks.

Maybe two steps closer because we actually had cause to dress everyone up. We tried a self timer family photo again.  I'm okay with the results except I now have for sure proof that my baby girl got my squinty eye (just the opposite side), but I have a plan to teach her how to blink on the count of 2 for the photo on 3.  Clearly I need to give myself a refresher course too.


Our big plans for the night were to meet our dear friends at Benihana to join in on their tradition of Japanese Steakhouse New Year's Eve. The kids were very excited.  Aren't they precious in their special outfits?

Their excitement only grew when they discovered they could don the same red hat as our chef (while eating scrap M&M's Mommy had in her purse since we misjudged the late dinner time).

This was the perfect picture to round out Riley's 2011.  HAPPY. 

Our chef was very fun, the food was delicious and the company was great.

At the end of dinner the chef invited Riley up to play drums. She ran right up there and put on a show.

And then her two besties put on a rocking encore.



It was the perfect evening.  After filling our bellies full of tasty food we came home, kissed our babies one last time in 2011 and settled in on the couch together.  Since we have two rocking sleepers we made it to midnight for the first time in four years and celebrated with a bottle of champagne and a little chocolate cake from Wegmans.

Happy 2012 to all of you!  I hope your year is off to a great start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!