Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We spent this Thanksgiving break at home. It was nice to be able to relax, decorate for Christmas, and enjoy time together as a family.

We were so thankful to be invited to our dear friends' home for Thanksgiving dinner. They aren't technically family, but they might as well be. Our children love them and so do we. They made a dinner that was so reminiscent of what my own family makes. We ate well, watched our children play happily, and enjoyed a few rounds of spoons before it was time to go.

I made two desserts from Pinterest to take with us. I'm not a big pie fan so I chose things that are crowd pleasers that wouldn't be too filling after a big dinner.  I think everyones favorite dessert ended up being the cheesecake stuffed strawberries. I will definitely be making those again!

On Thanksgiving Eve we started a new tradition. After tubby time we put both of our freshly washed babies in some cozy jammies and let them have a surprise treat of hot chocolate while laying in our bed and watching Elf. Camden lasted for about 15 minutes, but Riley and I snuggled and watched the whole movie together.

I wanted to post on Thanksgiving because I have so much in my life to be thankful for. Just this month a family in our community lost their father in a canoeing accident. Tomorrow isn't a guarantee friends, and everything can change in an instant. If you have a moment please pray for them as they go through this holiday season mourning their loss. I try to take time everyday to count my blessings and give thanks for everything from the roof over our heads to the health of our family. I don't always remember because it is so easy to get run down, complain about trivial things, or get caught up in the events of the day, but believe me I don't take anything we have for granted. I know it is belated, but I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!