Thursday, December 22, 2011


In spite of our best cheering efforts, Army lost to Navy.

It was the first time for both kids to tailgate and go to a football game. I know, I know - what were we thinking? A football game with a 19 month old and a 3 year old? Crazy.

Of course it was a little bit crazy, but I kept my expectations for their behavior (especially sans naps) low and made a plan to roll with the punches. There were some tears, and a moment where I thought to myself, "what the hell was I thinking?!? when Camden stated that he was "done MA" five minutes into the game, but we ended up having a great time!

"Done MA!"

My father is retired Army, and Matt's grandfather, father, and two uncles all went to West Point. So this shindig was a family affair. Everyone trekked up to our neck of the woods from the south for the game at FedEx Field. We didn't originally have plans to tailgate, but Matt's aunt and uncle have friends in the area who were kind enough to let us crash theirs.  They brought tons of delicious food, drinks, music and a football - the perfect ingredients for an awesome tailgate.

Camden was all about playing some football with the big boys.

And both of my babies loved the chance to visit and play with their cousins.

We all got to gawk at how big everyone has grown since we moved North.

 Riley and I snuggled to stay warm.

A whole bunch of family men posed for a picture with an unwilling baby boy. All he wanted was that football.

After a great tailgate, I strapped a very angry Camden into the ergo and we all hiked up to the stadium. When we got there we were greeted by a ridiculously long (we stood there for an hour) security line. Instead of sweating it I took the opportunity to give little man a much needed snooze. He slept through the entire wait and woke up when the fly over roared by.  That's him all snug in his hoodie with me.  Lots of (drunk) people were shocked I had a baby on my chest.

From there we made the monster hike up the ramp to the tippy top of the stadium.  Best view in the house.

Like I said, little man thought he was done 5 minutes in, but we let him climb and move around as much as we could and he made it to halftime. Riley just loved every minute of it.

For a 1 1/2 year old boy Camden did so well. Could he be any cuter all bundled up in his seat with his beloved monk monk?

Camden and I only made it to halftime when I made the command decision that it was getting too cold for his chubby little hands that refused to be mittened.  Luckily we had two cars so he was warm in his seat, happily watching Elmo, 10 minutes from home by the time the rest of  the hardcore fans followed.

We're already looking forward to next year and hopefully an ARMY win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!