Friday, December 23, 2011

Best Playmates

I wish my parents and younger sister lived closer for lots of reasons, but mostly because they love my children.

Crazy love, like playing horsie even though you've just spent hours flying here.

From the minute they arrive for a visit they immediately turn all their attention on the littles. Whatever my children want to do they do. Whatever story or commentary Riley wants to tell they actively listen to. They sing on command, tell fairy tale after fairy tale, play multitudes of games, and happily agree to all their requests like...

Getting down on the floor of the kitchen and coloring with them after a special 4 hour trip to the mall with their very energetic 3 year old granddaughter.



Agreeing to let them squeeze in behind you for a nap and then laying there patiently while they continue to sleep even though you're sweating and have to go to the bathroom.


Playing broken chair with them and all the daycare kids over and over and over again until everyone dissolves into a fit of laughter on the floor.


And somehow in the midst of all that they manage to help me too.  They wash and fold laundry, fix things around the house, wash dishes, organize all my cabinets, remind me to do Elfie each night and entertain 6 children.

I sob like a baby every time they leave because I'm so thankful for their help, I'm touched by how much they do for my children, and I miss them terribly when they are gone.

Come back again soon Gammy and Gampy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!