Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Craft Cabin 2011

Which I also affectionately refer to as "Lord Bless, Mama got herself a kid free weekend away to sleep in, shop alone, eat at my leisure, take long hot showers, and sit with a warm drink in hand, crafting by a roaring fireplace, surrounded by friends."

Let me take a moment to thank my amazing husband who made this happen. I love you TG, for loving me enough to take one for the team.

I didn't take enough pictures but the weekend was delightful and sometimes when I'm having a rough day or week I sometimes close my eyes and imagine the peaceful craft cabin.

How did this magical retreat happen?

Enter twinnie.

She's a woman of action. I had been rolling the idea of a craft getaway around in my brain ever since I saw Jess of The Macs post about her retreat. I had the idea, just not the logistics which is odd for me since it's usually the other way around. Anyway, twinnie rounded up the peeps, booked us a perfect cabin, scheduled all the meals and left us to bring what we needed to enjoy ourselves. Like, diet coke, trash mags, glitter varnish, moscato and mod podge. Lots and lots of mod podge.

 

Since I've had children I've learned an important fact about myself.  I can suddenly do things in way less time than it ever took me before.  Give me an hour sans kids and I can grocery shop and clean the whole house while making dinner and folding laundry.

 Given 36 hours? I wrapped, created, painted, baked, crafted, and most importantly RELAXED and enjoyed spending time with my friends without a little one tugging on me, asking me for something, or needing me. I am confident enough in my obsessive love with my children to say...that it was heaven on Earth to be away from them for a bit.

I'm already counting down the days until next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!