Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weekly Menu

I'm slacking again.

Truth is I'm cheating on my blog.

With my scrapbook. I used to scrapbook when I was a newlywed, but I never finished it. Twinnie is a hard core scrapbooker and I've jumped back on board. As I type this we're sitting at Panera, I'm using their free wifi, she's scrapping and I'm giving the blog some much needed attention.

Oh wait, you were here just for the meal plan and weekly recipe?

Monday: Crockpot chili with five cheese bread
Tuesday: American Flatbread to support All for Aidan and JDRF
Wednesday: Date night with Twinnie
Thursday: Grilled steak and parmesan cheese pasta salad
Friday: Grilled hot dogs with grilled corn on the cob
Saturday: Pulled beef BBQ sandwiches with baked beans
Sunday: Grilled chicken with grilled veggies (squash and zucchini)

Obviously we're obsessed with our new grill. And I'm so involved with scrapping again that I attended my second scrapbooking crop this past weekend. The hostess served this absolutely delicious pulled beef BBQ with a homemade cole slaw. My mouth is watering just typing it again. She inspired me to make that for my own family this week.

Once again I default to FramedCooks. She came up with a pulled pork recipe inspired by Taste Of The South. I'm changing it up myself so it's my version of Framed's version of Taste's version. Got that, doesn't really matter just prepare yourself for some tasty BBQ.

Shredded Beef BBQ Sandwiches
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
2 cloves garlic, smashed (she used 4, but hubs isn't a huge garlic fan so I halved it)
1 medium onion, finely diced (I changed this to a smaller dice and from 2 large to 1 medium)
1 3 lb beef brisket (she used a 5 lb pork roast)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Water
Hamburger rolls
Your favorite coleslaw
Your favorite barbecue sauce, warmed - KC Masterpiece, duh


1. Combine salt, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Rub brisket with oil, and then rub spice mixture on, coating it all over.
2. Place roast in a slow cooker with garlic and onions. Add enough water to come three-quarters up the side of the beef.
3. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. Save about a cup of the liquid and take out the beef. Remove any fat and bones, and then use two forks to shred it.
4. Mix sandwich-size portions with warmed bbq sauce and place on hamburger buns. Top with coleslaw and serve.

Framed says you can freeze the leftover BBQ and warm it whenever you want more - which in my house would probably be the next day. :) Happy eating friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!