Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tag Team

Back again, Wrecks n Effects, and let's begin...

Man I love old jams and there are certain songs like this one that I can link very specific memories to. But I digress.

This post is about my IRL tag team partner and amazing hubs, TG.

I am always thankful for him, but I don't always verbalize that gratitude. I've been working on letting him know how appreciative I am of his help as a husband and father.

At dinnertime tonight I became hyper aware of how thankful I am to have him by my side. While I was prepping plates, I looked behind me and he was filling sippys and getting us drinks. While I was delivering plates, he is right behind me with all the dinnertime necessities like napkins, condiments, and bibs. And right after we say grace he's ready with our music on demand. I feed Camden, he refills Riley's cup, I get a spoon off the floor, he wipes a nose.

Clean up was more of the same. As I was clearing the table he's wiping messy hands and faces. While I quickly washed dishes he vacuumed. Before I knew it all the work was done and we were ready to spend some time together outside enjoying the sprinkler with our two sweet babies. It was a delightful evening.

Of course it isn't always this seamless, but it makes me all the more thankful for when it is. So, thank you TG for being the ultimate tag team partner.

Whoomp, there it is.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! It's so good to thank our husbands and let them know they are appreciated. I try to do it often but I am sure I don't do it often enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!