Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A natural born reader

I LOVE to read books, although I'll admit that I don't have the time lately to read the way I like. By that I mean that usually I'll start a book and if it's really good I'll go 3-4 hours straight until it's finished. I finished the last Harry Potter in a record 3 hours and 28 minutes. Then I read it again...and again. Of course that was pre-princess baby!
I am happy to report that it seems that Riley has my love for books. Today we were in her room and she was crawling around going from this toy to that and eventually she made her way over to her bookcase. Here's what happened next:

Making her first selection, she is pulling My Creation Bible off of the shelf. Notice she is doing it quite carefully.She's going back for book number two, she's looking closely at her options.She looked at her bible for a moment, but the one she's going for is a Gigi and PaPa gift. It's a Baby Einstein book that lights up and plays music. God is great, but the Bible doesn't stand a chance against a light up/sound book at this age.

She pulled it over onto her lap and gave me a look like, "Mom, read it to me please!"She actually sat still for the entire book and we listened to all the songs too.

Sitting in the aftermath, can you imagine when she's tall enough to reach the next shelf??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!