Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cold, cold go away and come again...NEVER!

In talking to Riley's Gigi I had help realizing that it has been a week since I've blogged. I was up to about a blog a day until last Thursday when Riley had her first real illness. It all started on Tuesday when my daycare provider told me that her child had a runny nose. As a new mom, (with no knowledge of the evil about to invade my home), I shrugged it off and thought well how bad can a runny nose be??? Those not so new mothers out there are probably laughing at me as they read that and I'd laugh at myself if I wasn't so sleep deprived.

Fast forward to Thursday night when I put her down, I'm blissfully relaxing in bed getting ready to blog and I hear a cough on the monitor, followed by another cough and then screams. Let's just say that our girl was on a BEAUTIFUL sleep routine, going down very easily at 7 and sleeping through until about 7 each morning. Matt and I were over the moon with rest and we had become accustomed to the feeling of sleep again. So imagine my shock when that tiny little runny nose turned into the discovery that because her nose is so congested she can't breathe and suck the paci at the same time. Which means NO SLEEP for anyone. I spent the next several nights sleeping sitting with her propped up in my arms so that she could somewhat breathe. I was going to write about the doctor's prescribed treatment for a cold the P.I.M.A which is known as the nasal syringe, but that's a whole blog in itself so let's just not even get me started.

I'm happy to report that we didn't let that cold keep us down, although we did let it affect our household chores. The next three blogs will be about what we've been up to in the past week because there are too many pictures for each to do in just one lil blog. Good news is...she's well on her way to recovery and has slept much better the past two nights. Bad news for me...I just read somewhere kids get something like 6 colds a year?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!