Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Pledge Allegiance to Caffeine

I LOVE my jobs. I really have the best of both worlds. This year I was fortunate enough, with the support of my amazing T.G., to take a part time teaching job. I spend my mornings with 13 adorable, smart and very funny 5-6 year olds and I spend the rest of my day with our sweet R.B. I feel like the year is flying by and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can because in this economy it probably won't be likely I'll be able to do this again.


Of course afternoons with Riley are always a hoot. She's really becoming a big girl and constantly has me chuckling. However, today I had one of those just had to share kid quotes from my class of kindergarteners.


Our star of the week (in non teacher speak the child in the class who gets to feel extra special that week) was having share time and was doing a mini show and tell of 3 items that give us insight into who she is. She does tae kwon do and brought in this:



Teachers are almost ALWAYS in teacher mode, even outside of the school day so of course I couldn't pass up the chance to brush up on our social studies skills. I pointed to the flag on the left and asked my little sweeties, "What country's flag is this?" "United States," they all chorused at once without missing a beat.

I beamed with pride and then I pointed to the flag on the left and asked, "Does anyone know what country's flag this is?" Several seconds of thoughtful silence ensued before one of my more outspoken little cuties confidently raised his hand and said.....



"Oh I KNOW IT! I KNOW IT! PEPSI!"




Somewhere out there the Pepsi marketing department is cheering for successful advertising dollars spent.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Cute story! Love it! Did you have a hard time not laughing out loud at your cute little Kinder kid??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!