Saturday, March 14, 2009

$7 Cute

My sister and I have played this shopping game for a LONG time. Long before our country was in the economic shambles it's in now. But if there were a time that it truly pertained that would be now (and the next four years). So, what's the game you ask?

Say you're out shopping and you spy this...







It's cute, but how cute is it? In monetary terms I mean, $40 cute? Probably not, keep walking. $15 cute? Heck yes and home to your closet it goes.

Now the tutorial is over and you're wondering what the heck is she rambling about how does this apply and where oh where are the cute baby pictures? Hold your horses, literally...

Today we visited another consignment sale in the area. While I shopped fought the insane crowds to snag my bargains Tall Guy entertained the princess by letting her try out all the toys for sale. While we were driving home Tall Guy decided to tell me about the "White Knight" (as seen above). Typical male, wait until we're on our way home before he tells me all about it and how much our princess loved it. Of course after an hour of perusing 100's of things playing "How Cute?" in my mind I had to ask...

Me: "Well just how cute was it?"
TG: "Pretty cute, she didn't want to get off of it." (I'm sad to say that after almost 5 years of marriage he still doesn't get the game.)
Me: "Focus. $5 cute? $10?'
TG: "It was $7."

I decided I had to see for myself and after dropping them off at home drove the 5 minutes back to check it out. Now, truth be told, after inspection of "White Knight", I decided that it was only $5 cute, but I forked over the extra $2 anyway.

Turns out TG was right, it was definitely $7 cute...

once we added 30 pounds that is. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice find! Thanks for shopping for Z too! Our toy that's just like that cost us 60!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!