Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me Monday!


I'm NOT a broken record, but I think I must sound like one. Is it seriously Monday again? I'm becoming keenly aware what parents mean when they say that their children age in a blink of an eye and before you know it they are 18. I guess the days really do fly by when you're having fun and believe me Riley and I are having fun. To that end, it's time for brutal, gut wrenching honesty again friends and away we go!

I hopefully will NOT fall off schedule with Angie's memorization schedule of Psalm 139. I hope that I will be able to have it memorized in its entirety by January 1 and I hope that I can post it from memory as my first post of 2009 as a reminder of how I want to live my life. Please do visit her blog if you want to join in on the memorizing fun.

I did not purposely set up this photo with the intention of preserving how adorable my little girl's baby fat legs are. I most certainly did not draw her attention to the button in the middle of the flat screen to get her to face away from me like that. No not me, because our flat screen is off limits to a little princess and most certainly is NOT occasionally covered in slimy baby prints.

My baby does not sometimes make such scary faces like this! If I were MckMama this would be a great photo caption contest photo, however I do not have 1 million+ followers like she does. I simply call this "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M ON THE NAUGHTY LIST???"
My grandmother did not send the most beautifully made hand knitted baby booties for my little girl (as she has done for EVERY generation of our family) to have her wear them for one hour before she destroyed the fluffy ball on top! She is not a mini destroyer, and did not yank at all the yarn while riding in her car seat to the grocery store.That's me and my mini me who is not growing by leaps and bounds every second! In the background you can see our Christmas tree and I'm not still pouting (just a little bit) because I wanted a real tree this year. Pouting is for babies and I'm a grown up still a kid at heart who loves the smell of a fresh tree. Lastly, I am NOT sending out our family holiday cards before Christmas because it is my tradition inability to not be able to get those things out on time for 4 years running. I AM just going to go with the flow though and send them out post Christmas and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all the same. In fact I AM going to adopt post Christmas mailing as our tradition starting now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I just read your comment on Angie's blog about helping her teach the girls to count by 5's. I homeschool my four kids and have one that just doesn't 'get it'. I found your advice to be very helpful and will be trying it- thanks so much!!

    Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!