Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is it possible to be mocked by a 10 month old??

It's daily bathtime and princess is sitting in a tub full of soothing vapor bubbles (LOVE THESE) surrounded by foam letters, 2 duckies, 1 blue hippo, and one empty shampoo bottle. Daddy is leading bath time tonight and spelling her delightful phrases with her foam letters. She thinks that she is invincible now that she can walk and she wants to stand up in the tub.



Mommy: peeking in the door and lecturing "Riley careful, sit down please"
Riley: looks directly at me "Blah Blah Blah Blah - Oh Mom you worry too much" followed by hysterical laughter.
Daddy: Hysterical laughter "She's mocking you!"
Mommy: 2 minutes later peeking in again from folding her laundry "Okay miss cutie, you're too funny but seriously no standing in the tub!"
Riley: "Ba blah ba blah blah blah! - Silly Mommy I do what I want!" more hysterical laughter


Just fast forward this 16 years....
Mom: Riley, no you may not go out to the movies tonight because you have homework to do and school tomorrow.
Riley: "Silly Mommy I do what I want!" - blah blah blah blah Mom"

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say I LOVE reading your post. You are hysterical! But sadly, this one is SO true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!