Friday, December 19, 2008

Godspeed Little Girl

Sorry followers this post isn't too exciting, no pictures and no funny stories. Nope, this time around it's just a memory that I want to preserve for my R Boo which is why I started this blog in the first place.

She used to let me rock her a bit before nap and bedtime, but she doesn't so much anymore. She's a big girl after all and she just wants me to lay her down in her bed nest of pacis so she can switch them out several times before passing out. Today however she let me rock her a bit which I thoroughly enjoyed, so much so that I didn't want to put her down.

My favorite part of rocking her is singing to her and I always sing the Dixie Chicks song, Godspeed that I've personalized for her. I've made up LOTS of songs for her, but this particular one I have sung since the day she was born almost 11 long months ago. The best part is that as she got a bit older she started to coo along with me, paci in mouth of course, as I sang the song to her. She did that again today and my heart just ached with how very much I love her.

Riley, here's the song that Mommy made up for you and sang for you each night. Love you princess!

Wonder Pets and some Barney on the side
Pirates sail and lost girls fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed Riley girl,
Sweet dreams baby girl
All my love will fly to you each night
On angels' wings
Godspeed, sweet dreams

Lucky horse is all tuckered out
Mickey Mouse is in pajamas on the couch
Bedtime bear will find the mouse
And I love you

God bless Mommy and my family that's far
God bless Daddy and thanks for the stars
God hears our amen wherever we are
And I love you

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! What a wonderful memory for Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you made me cry. You capture exactly how I feel about Gabbie growing older in your posts. It's like you are writing for all moms out there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!