Monday, December 8, 2008

A Not Me Monday

When I go to do this post I always find myself surprised that it is Monday again, but in a positive way. I very rarely have a "case of the Mondays" these days! Of course that is partly because I don't even know what day it is, but it's also because I love my morning job and don't mind going and I love my afternoon "job" and can't wait to start it! So here it is again, a Monday and I'm raring and ready to go with my NOT MES! Deep breath, and let the honesty flow....



I did not let my little princess get her first minor injury on my watch. We have carefully proofed our house for anything that might be able to injure her....except for the "night stand" in our room. Sigh, no I didn't let my poor baby get hurt so bad she screamed bloody murder, not me, I'm up for mother of the year, month, day, (okay maybe just the hour) didn't you hear?


I do not have a 10 month old that is walking more than she is crawling these days. How could that be? No not me because my little baby is a sweet tiny newborn needing me less and less everyday big girl.


My Christmas list is NOT still fully intact because that would mean I still have that "W" family gene that means I'm going to be in the mall on Christmas Eve day again.


I do NOT get all teary and choked up whenever I hear Silent Night on the radio and I do not get queasy when I think about how I'm probably going to cry in front of everyone at Christmas Eve service when we sing that song. I am also not getting a little emotional just thinking about that song at this moment.
I have not assembled a Christmas list of ideas for my little girl to then watch her take absolute glee in wrestling with the empty Pampers box last night. I did not contemplate just putting empty boxes under the tree for her because I believe that she will be far more delighted with that than anything we can think of getting her.



I did not consider sending the video of her wrestling the Pampers box in nothing but her shirt and diaper to the advertising people at Pampers to show them that my little girl is far cuter and funnier wrestling their box than the little boy wrestling the teddy bear in their commercial.




Oh wait I did, but I have no idea how to contact the advertising people.

What have you NOT been doing this week? (And no I did NOT just shamelessly try to get you to leave me comments because I secretly get so excited when people comment on my blog.) :)

3 comments:

  1. GiGi thinks Miss Riley is the cutest baby EVER. Where did she get that set of lungs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Not me's...I cry at weird commercials, or at clips of soldiers coming home and hugging their kids....like weep! I'm such a baby! Love Riley..and she's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her daddy says she got that set of lungs from her Mommy! The other night in the tub he was laughing so hard because I was "lecturing" her to stay sitting down and whenever I would start to say it she would say "blah blah blah blah!" and then she would laugh hysterically. :)

    We have our hands full.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!