Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

After being away from home for most of the break we opted for a low key New Year's Eve at home. We invited some friends over and I made eggs benedict for the adults and breakfast for dinner for the kids.  Breakfast for dinner is one of my absolute favorite meals and was the perfect thing to serve on the last day of 2013.

After dinner we let the kids play while we discreetly played Cards Against Humanity. I had never even heard of this game before, but it was so much fun. We were laughing until we had cramps in our stomach.

At 9 o'clock I passed out the party goodies I got at Target that day and we had a faux countdown for the kids.


I made chocolate cake for dessert and I added candles for the kids to blow out just to add some more fun to their celebration. They loved it.

Then we passed out all the poppers and streamers, cranked up my new Beats Pill, and let them dance around the living room. There was a lot of spinning and giggling going on.

After they had worn off some of their sugar high we tucked them into bed and welcomed the New Year from our own bed.

On New Year's Day we had lots of errands to run to get ready for the return to our normal routine the next day.   That night we opted for dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants and I took one last picture of 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!