Monday, October 21, 2013

OBX 2013 - Day 4

The beach was closed for a day and a half this year. We heard rumors of rip currents and undertows, but never confirmed. So with the red flags flying we had to come up with other plans.

That's how this happened.   I can't wait to show this picture in a slideshow for her someday.  Love it.

We've talked about renting bikes before, but we always thought they were too young. This year we gave it a go and had a lot of fun circling through the neighborhoods near our house.

Little man was still small enough to fit in the seat on the back of my bike. This is the way we roll - with him literally kicking me in my butt the whole way.

After a trip to the open markets in search of crab legs - I say we make that a tradition too Lolo! - we hit the beach to fly our kites.




I can't remember where I got them, but Camden's kite flew perfectly and stayed up for the whole time we were down there. Riley's kite broke off the string within the first two minutes and flew over the dune and out into the neighborhood. Super dad TG tracked it down for her and we gave it another go by tying it back on, but that didn't work well either. Riley took it like a champ and then Camden offered to share. So we ended Day 4, taking turns with Camden's space ship kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!