Monday, October 21, 2013

OBX 2013 - Day 3

We hit the beach early this day.  Our patch of sand was fairly empty and my kids ran down to the water, splashing and giggling.







I convinced Sassy to stop for a minute and take a picture with me. I just love her sweet face and I can't believe how much she's grown since our first trip to the banks.

Then it was time for more running and giggling.

For some reason, even though my finger is in the shot and neither one of them are looking at me, I love this picture of them.

Camden is obsessed with small animals.  This year he really took notice of the many sand crabs near our spot on the beach.  Every time he saw one, he would yell, "CRABBY!" and take off running toward it.  With some help from TG they were able to catch one and Camden was so excited.

After they released Crabby everyone got to work building a big sand castle.


TA-DA!


We all had a much needed nap back at the house before we got dressed and went out for dinner and shopping.  We ate at Bad Bean Taqueria which has become our yearly dinner out spot.  It was delicious as usual.  I found these two lounging around on the job.


Our house was called Eagles Nest because the whole top floor was open with windows and light coming in everywhere.  Every day that we were there we would all congregate in this awesome sitting area with floor to ceiling windows and a view of the water.  We would play raucous games of Go Fish together, read books (I think I took out 7 while we were there), eat snacks, color and draw, let Papa do emergency splinter removal and just hang out.  It was my favorite part of the house.

So we ended day 3, together in the nest, snuggling.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!