Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Menu

I would rather do my St. Patrick's Day post, but it's late and I dont have the energy to upload those pics just yet. So in order to off set my laziness a little I figured I would do my weekly menu post albeit almost a week late.

Tuesday: Beef tostadas with a homemade smoothies dessert - yummo!
Wednesday: date night
Thursday: Turkey club sandwiches with chips and smoothies
Friday: Spaghetti with salad
Saturday: Roast chicken with spring veggies
Sunday: Ravioli with artichoke sauce
Monday: Eggs hollandaise with asparagus
Tuesday: Taco bake

Another blog I read also does a weekly menu post and she had the brilliant idea of sharing one of her weekly recipes every time. I love this idea so I am going to follow in her footsteps and try to post one per week, but if there is ever a recipe you see on here and want please leave a comment and I'll be happy to email it to you!

Beef Tostadas - Food Network magazine April 2011

Ingredients
2T vegetable oil
1/2 small red onion
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 lb ground beef
Kosher salt
2T tomato paste
1 T chili powder
1 15 oz. can refrained beans
8 corn tostadas (flat taco shells)
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack
Shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado and/or cilantro for topping

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beef and 1/2 tsp salt and cook, breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and chili powder and cook, stirring, about 2 more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a small saucepan. Thin the sour cream with about 2T water in a small bowl.
3. Spread the beans on the toastadas, then top with the beef and cheese. Drizzle with the sour cream. Top with lettuce, fresh avocaco, salsa and/or cilantro.

3 comments:

  1. Please keep posting one of the recipes every week! I love new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! How great that you do a date night each week! Can you post about that? I'd love to know what you do and whether you get a sitter or not and all the details. Would love to have a weekly date night with my hubs.
    Also, it's so nice to see that someone else besides me plans their menu out weekly and shops around the same day each week. I feel like I am the only one who does that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe! My husband would love those!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!