Thursday, January 21, 2010

Family Night

Ugh, I haven't blogged in forever and the sad thing is it's not for lack of topics. I just haven't felt like it. To top it off I haven't had the energy to think of anything witty or entertaining to say. Thank God I don't have a big blog following and I know you all won't mind if I just ramble on.

A few weeks ago we went out for a family dinner. While it is difficult to eat out with just Riley, it's not impossible and we are trying to enjoy as much time with our first born before the new baby comes. So, we picked a dreary night, got all dressed up and went to one of our favorite restaurants.



Eat your heart out Suri and Shiloh. My baby cleans up pretty well and I thought she just couldn't be cuter in her sweater cardigan, knit cap and boots. There might not have been any paparazzi around to photograph it, but Mamarazzo was on duty.



Dinner was delightful and clearly Riley enjoyed her meal. Actually, she surprised us by wolfing down about 5 pieces of bang bang shrimp. If you're not familiar with it, bang bang shrimp is delicious, but a bit spicy. I had to cut her off at five (because spicy diapers are not our friend) and she wasn't too happy about it.



The hardest part about eating out with Riley is that she gets bored after she finishes eating. This wouldn't be a problem, but it seems that restaurants always make an effort to rush out Riley's food while taking their sweet time with our order. Usually, by the time our plates land on the table she is done and ready to go and Matt and I end up wolfing down our food as quickly as we can. Luckily tonight the sweet waiter saved us by delivering our food and a glo stick for Riley. It did just the trick.



Just so you can tell that besides my sweet baby, I did actually have a hot date that night.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Going out to eat is definately fun when you have a toddler. It becomes a little more of a chore, but eventually it does get easier. Kyle hit 2 1/2 and things went much smoother, we will see what happens as Owen gets older though. We might end up back at the stage where you just ask for the check when you order. :) Ha-ha! I love it though, I wouldn't have it any other way.

    I can't believe how adorable Riley is! She is getting so big, how fast they grow up. It won't be long before she's a big sister either! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!