Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Butt Shoes



I love that my first post of 2010 is about my butt shoes and not my kid. But feeling the pressure to blog after being away for six whole days I decided the shoes were my easiest choice. Yes, we did just take an amazing trip that needs to be blogged about, but I need at least an hour or two to dedicate to that. So for now, in the new decade, instead of my adorable daughter in her swimsuit on a tropical beach you get my butt shoes.

Of course that's not their real name, but if you've seen the commercials for them you know they show some ridiculously skinny girl with the camera guy focusing in on her behind. Hence the nickname I gave them which I also think is much catchier than Easytone. But I don't work in marketing for Reebok. (go figure)

Now I figured that for these to really "tone" your butt you would need to be fairly skinny to begin with. Not say, 6 months pregnant with number 2 and covered in flab remaining from number 1. But I'm an optimist, plus they were pink.

So I was thrilled when my sister got them for me for Christmas and even more excited that we celebrated our Christmas at Thanksgiving so I could start using them to combat the impending holiday feasting. I tried them on right away and wore them around her house that night. The next day my calves were killing me. A good sign I figured (or bad if you consider that I was in such terrible shape that one night in butt shoes caused muscle pain).

I've been wearing them ever since, only for exercise walks and when I'm jogging on the treadmill. They even made it on the packing list for our 7 day cruise. And suprisingly I think they work! I have noticed more tone and definition and by the end of December I had actually lost weight. So I'm glad to share with you my blog reading few that if you were considering these shoes they are worth the money.

Not that you'll catch me letting any cameraman zoom in on my butt just yet EVER.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if these things actually work. Now I'm excited. I need some butt shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need a pair of these magical butt shoes...maybe they'll help me drop some of the last bit of weight from our #2 babe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!