Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pass and Fail

This week Riley and I both had a doctor's visit. Mine was in the morning and hers was in the afternoon. It made for a busy day, but I've discovered that I much prefer getting all things doctor related done in one day if I can.



Riley passed her 2 year check up with flying colors. Per the doctor she has now graduated to the "big girl ranks" and only needs to come in for a routine visit once a year. It's surreal for me to think that she's at the one visit a year point because I can remember like it was yesterday reading the check up chart in What to Expect and marveling at how many times we'd have to go in the first 2 years of her life.

Anyhow, she's in the big girl ranks in more areas than one. At 2 years old and 2 days Riley's stats are. (Seriously, drumroll here...)

Height: 38.5 inches
Weight: 34 lbs. 10 oz.

If you aren't familiar with the child growth chart the answer is YES, she's big. And if you haven't been following my blog the other answer is yes she's been big from the start. She's above 100% for both measurements and technically is the size of an average 3 year old. What can I say, hubs and I like to grow them big and strong.

Other than some tears over her two flu shots, Riley did great for the doctor and enjoyed laughing, chatting with him and showing off all her skills. The doctor said, "You can't get healthier than this so whatever you're doing keep on doing it." RESOUNDING PASS.

As for me, well I had my 26 week check up and glucose tolerance test. After experiencing a horrible case of gestational diabetes while pregnant with Riley, I was very proactive in trying to do what I could to avoid it this time around. With no such luck. I found out today that I FAILED the test and now have to begin the GD process again. I'd explain more, but at this point I'm not really in an emotional state where I'm capable of talking about it.

Let's just say that I am a succeed kind of girl and I take this failure business personally. Very personally.

3 comments:

  1. yeah Riley girl! (now that zaden calls her that too, I guess it's stuck!)

    And so sorry friend that you didn't pass your GD test...dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley is perfect and of course she's a big girl, the athletes always are! ;o)
    Always, the first time around with anything is always hard, so I'll think good thoughts for you second time with GD! Good luck!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the diabetes test. :-(

    Yay for RB's great check-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!