Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Riley

Dear Riley,

Today you are 2 and I can hardly believe it. It feels like just yesterday that we were in the hospital anxiously awaiting your arrival. Then finally at 8:20 pm on January 24th, after two long days of labor, the Doctor finally held you up and said, "It's a girl!". It was a hard 48 hours, but you are so worth it.

There are no words for me to tell you just how much you are loved. Because sweet baby you are SO loved. Not just by me and your Daddy, but by your entire family of grandmas and grandpas and aunts. And of course I'm biased, but I always think that there's no way anyone could help but love you.

Riley, you are so full of life even at the age of 2. Your laughter, smiles, giggles and jokes light our lives. When you were very little your Daddy and I used to sit and wonder about what your little voice would sound like. Now, your sweet sing-song voice fills our days with your thoughts, songs and questions. Two years ago we were so anxious to see you walk and play. Now, we laugh with you as you run, jump and dance. You are independent, so daring, slightly stubborn, wonderfully smart and full of love.

Oh precious Riley, I did not spend my entire life wishing to be a mother. Truthfully, the entire nine months I was pregnant with you I was so anxious about it. Not about you, but about me and the very important job that was before me. I spent a few sleepless nights before your arrival in tears worrying about all the things I didn't know how to do. And believe me, I've made a few mistakes along the way these past two years.

But, here's the most important thing for you to know. I love you like no one else alive sweet girl. You are the best thing that ever happened to your Daddy and I. Our lives have changed so much for the better since that night two years ago and now I can't begin to imagine being anything other than your Mama.

Happy Birthday Riley! To us you are perfect and we can't wait to spend the rest of our lives being with you.

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving us some love!