Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's a Boy

You probably already knew that. It's just that now I have proof to share with you. Please forgive the quality as it's a photo of a photo, but I proudly present our BOY.



For those ultrasound newbies basically it's like our son is sitting on top of the copier with his legs spread. And that little part between his legs with the arrow pointing straight at it? That's the proof that he is in fact, well a he.



Annnnd, the belly has finally popped. I have such a long torso that for most of the pregnancy I just look chubbier than usual. I have decided with baby boy that I just don't care if it's not that attractive and from here on out I might actually photographically document my belly. I wholeheartedly refused with Riley which upset my mother to no end and honestly I'm a little sad I don't have more belly shots of her. But if you tell my mother I said that I'll deny it.



Right now, baby boy is about the size of an eggplant. He's on the higher end size wise which I know because I get monthly ultrasounds during this pregnancy. We found out at the 20 week visit that I have what is referred to as a 2 cord vessel (umbilical cord). Typically, you are supposed to have 3. I get to go once a month and see him on the screen to make sure he's growing alright. So far, so good and just like his big sister he is measuring in the 95th percentile already!

At 6 months I'm feeling pretty good. The intense nausea wore off around 13 weeks and my energy came back shortly after that. I have had some issues with dizziness and blood pressure lately so I'm being monitored for that, but nothing to worry about yet.

I go for my next check up soon and they'll be testing me for gestational diabetes. I had a HORRIBLE case of it with Riley and I'm hopeful that I won't have it this time around. If you're thinking of me say a prayer that I'll get to skip all the finger pricking and self shot giving this time around.

P.S. No name yet so for now it's just baby boy. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get GD this time around. Good luck! Our little guy is at the 83rd percentile. Although I feel like they are stronger when they are running big, so I don't mind. Well maybe I will when the "time" comes. :)

    Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A CUTE BUMP!!! I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes I miss it. Guess I'll have to do it again too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!