Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy And Me

Mamarazzo n. pl. mamarazzi
A Mother photographer who doggedly pursues their baby to snap pictures of every waking moment of their child's life. Usually diminishes with the arrival of additional babies as a direct ratio of number of children to number of free hands, time and sanity.

I'm a mamarazzo, no doubt about it. I want RB's every milestone preserved and I will pursue her relentlessly to get the shot. Plus, she's just so dang cute! It's worked out well, BUT because I'm always behind the camera I'm rarely in the photos. Right after I had her and I wasn't looking so hot and I was crazy sleep deprived this didn't bother me so much, but lately it has. I was flipping through the thousands (yes I said thousands) of photos that we have of RB and I noticed that I'm in maybe 5% of said photos. 5%! I don't want to look back on her life in photos and not see myself in it at all, so I'm taking charge! Blurrily and with cows as the backdrop if I have to...





Hey, it's a start. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is SO true and was exactly my situation. I had to have a chat with Jeff and give him a crash course on how to use the video and regular cameras! I look forward to more pics of you and RB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok fine...we'll get together and take some pics of you and Riley soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!