Friday, April 10, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

I've always loved Easter. My crafty side gets to decorate: glitter, glue, paint! The chocoholic in me indulges: Reese's PB eggs! My inner child emerges: Easter baskets with satisfyingly crinkly cellophane grass and little treats. But for many years now there's been one piece missing, the activity that wraps all the Easter fun into one.


Easter Egg Hunting! I can remember waiting with my sisters at the back door for my Dad to give the go ahead. I can still feel the anticipation and joy as we scrambled to see who could find not only the most eggs, but the favorites with the best stickers and the most glitter. We loved hunting those eggs so much we would even hide them for each other, weeks after Easter had come and gone (smelly though it was) to make the fun last a little longer. Sadly, hunting for eggs becomes socially unacceptable by the time you are a preteen.

But now I am going to relive my days of egg hunting joy again by living vicariously through my sweet baby girl. Yesterday we gave it a test run to see if she could in fact pick up the eggs and deposit them in her adorable personalized Easter basket. I'm so proud to say that my baby is an egg hunting champ! She scrambled after the eggs and after amusing us all by trying to carry three at a time, she went to the very efficient and time honored pick and drop method.

PICK


AND DROP!



In a pinch she will also employ the less honorable, but often employed by siblings the world over, take and drop method.

TAKE


AND DROP!



We (and by we clearly I mean mostly me) can't wait for the real thing on Easter Day!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! We had to skip the MOMS Club easter egg hunt b/c of the dr appt and Zaden's ear infection :( but maybe he'll have some fun at the RH one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! She's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so photogenic! Happy Easter! X.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girl is all sorts of cute! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!