Saturday, April 4, 2009

Many, muchos, molti things

If you haven't been following the blog yourself I'm so happy to tell you that baby Stellan is doing much better. It's been a miracle to be able to witness the power of prayer and God's grace TWICE in his life already. If you want to see how amazing this baby is and just how one little heart drew millions around the world together check out Stellan name gallery to view hundreds of pictures of his name taken by people praying for him ALL OVER THE WORLD (that's my hand holding up We're Praying for Stellan in D.C. next to the monument and my friend behind the camera). He's "been" to places I can only dream of seeing in this lifetime.

**********************************************************

This Tuesday, R.B. and I continued our tradition of visiting the cherry blossoms. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we really enjoyed ourselves. Luckily I was able to navigate us there easily enough, but parking is always another story in DC. We eventually found an awesome parking space that although questionably legal was only a 2 minute walk to the tidal basin. My friend Lindsley snapped some amazing pictures that I will definitely cherish.






**********************************************************

The countdown was on, complete with a song something similar to this..."2 more days til break UNH! 2 more days til break YEAH!" Throw a hip shimmy and a hand clap in there and you get the idea. We've been patiently waiting crossing days off at a fever pitch in anticipation of Spring Break. We even had plans to kick off the break with a outdoor BBQ party at our BFF's.

Then I got the dreaded call from daycare that Riley had a high fever. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and we spent a miserable hour there. Riley was, no exaggerating, HYSTERICAL. The second the nurse started walking us back she just went beserk and it only got worse (i.e. she threw up all over me while screaming) as they pinched, poked, swabbed and prodded. Her only symptoms were a high fever, semi low O2 readings, and inconsolable crying so at one point I think they were about 1 minute away from sending me to the ER for fear of meningitis. However, I asked them to leave her alone with me for a bit to see if I could calm her. Of course, as soon as all medical staff vacated the room she calmed right away and passed out in my arms.

Luckily, it must have been just a virus because after a sleepless (for me because I was so worried) Thursday night, the fever finally broke yesterday afternoon and hasn't reared it's ugly head again. She's almost back to normal today which I am very thankful for, but the BBQ is definitely off which I am bummed about. Don't feel too sad for me though because it won't stop me from eating my homemade potato salad here at home.

**********************************************************

Last Saturday, our elementary school had their annual staff basketball game versus another local school. It's always a big event and after missing it last year (to spend quiet snuggly time with a then 3 month old) I was able to go this year complete with a mini cheerleader. Just adorable right?

We met up with a fellow basketball fan there that was just our size. R.B. kept trying to bend down and talk to her which was the cutest thing ever.

I think she was trying to ask her where she got her sweet shoes from.



Of course our main objective while there was to cheer on our star player who helped our team to a 3 point victory!


4 comments:

  1. wow..the gym was packed! I'm so bummed you aren't coming to your BFF's house for BBQ tonight (aka my place!) We will definitely miss the potato salad. Want to drop some by?? Just kidding! Can't wait till you guys get back from vacay....we'll do an outside sandbox playdate when you're home again! And am so glad RB is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it wasn't Meningitis and that she is okay now. I can imagine it being very frightening for a little kid her age to have so many strangers with objects she has never seen!

    I HEART the blossom photos of you guys! Make sure you put them in an album. They make spring feel so much more real :) xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry your little one was so sick! :-(
    Love the pic of her in the Mill Run t-shirt.
    Yay for Spring Break!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad things are back on the mend for you.
    THe blossom photos are so great! I cannot wait until they arrive here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!