Saturday, April 25, 2009

What's the Opposite of Houdini?

Houdini was famous for getting himself out of very dangerous and impossible situations. But what do you call a 15 month old that gets herself into very dangerous and impossible situations? Boo-dini perhaps?

Tonight after a delicious dinner of grilled mahi-mahi and mixed veggies I removed RB's highchair seat and tray attachment to clean. She had already been taken out and was happily playing when she started to fuss at me and for some reason just wanted back into the chair. I kissed her head and distracted her before I went to the kitchen to remove the food. She was not alone in the living room TG was there watching the 4th hour of boredom NFL Draft. I was gone literally 1 1/2 minutes.

When I return I see something like this (obviously I didn't have a camera to capture it) ...

RB is standing ON TOP OF THE HIGHCHAIR tray slide(where the actual tray rests and its only about 6-8 inches wide). I have only the time to gasp and shout out my husband's first and middle name (so you know I meant business) and then watch horrified as RB rather gracefully simply scooted into the chair and gave herself a couple of claps and a "babababa BIDIT!" - I did it.

Thank God she was fine. But how did she do it? How did my little baby Jolly Green Baby manage to scale a rolling high chair at it's tallest setting in less than 90 seconds? Who knew a high chair was something that needed to be baby proofed? We have no idea how she did it clearly she's just a Boo-dini (whom we'll be watching even more closely now than we already were).

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh..maybe we need to keep Zaden and Riley apart so she can't influence him with her horrible climbing tricks! I'm TOO BIG to move fast enough to save him from dangerous situations such as high chair surfing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my word!! I can't believe she scaled the high chair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!