Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Deceptively Delicious!

For Christmas, Riley's Great Aunt gave me a cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. The idea behind the book is "hiding" veggies and other very healthy things in foods that kids like to eat. Now, Riley doesn't have a problem eating her fruits and veggies these days, but I know it's coming so I want to be prepared! Yesterday I tried one of the recipes in the book for the first time and made applesauce muffins (with carrots and squash). Riley LOVED them, so I'm sure we'll be trying more of the recipes soon.




They smell like apple pie and you can't even see the vegetables can you? E-mail me if you want the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. No email attached to your last comment to me, but had to track you down here to say that your (fat girl) screaming Nutella comments (all four of them) had me laughing for hours!

    Did you get yourself a tub yet? That bad boy it as least three times the size of the puny small jars of the good stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!