Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Craft Fever

It might be the Kindergarten teacher in me or maybe it's the restless gene I know I inherited from my mother, but I'm a sufferer of "Craft Fever". It hits randomly, without warning and we never know how long it will last.

My most recent bout of craft fever came about after a trip to the local mall where I spent $20 procuring 3 new hair bows for Riley. Now I'm not easily parted with $20, but I'm a sucker for all things girly especially when it comes to the princess. When faced with a wall of bows all glittery, argyled, striped and polka dotted I am rendered unable to say no.

However, closer inspection of the purchases at home began to make my crazy craft fever rise. It starts easily enough...I casually mention to my husband that I could probably make these bows if I really wanted to. On a trip to Target I happen to buy a spool of 5 grosgrain ribbons for $1. Last week after using the glue gun for a classroom activity I accidentally drop it in my bag to take home for the night.

And then full Craft Fever hits and this is the result. (Please forgive my terrible photography skills and not so great camera)





Ahh craft urge fulfilled my ADD the fever subsides...for now.

2 comments:

  1. cute bows! Nice work! Too bad the glue gun "accidentally" fell right into your bag like that! What luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, MY, GOODNESS! Those bows are to die for! (excuse all the!!!) I had never even thought of making hair bows. So unforgivable considering I have two beauties at home. You have inspired me to go find a glue gun to "borrow".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!