Thursday, July 31, 2008

My husband, the amazing Witchy tamer

Let's start this blog by informing you that those who know me well will tell you that I am NOT a morning person, ESPECIALLY if I'm lacking sleep. In fact, in college there were a few of my swimming teammates who characterized me as downright scary in the early hours. Knowing this information, on with the blog...

Last night Princess Riley started crying at 2 am and I stumble in there to find that my child has scooted herself into the corner of her crib and can't back out. She has not mastered the reverse scoot. She is wide awake and tummy patting and paci will not do so I bring her to bed. Needless to say I am up again in 2 hours for a feeding and then she's wide awake at 7 punching me in the nose and kicking me.

I am grumpy, not at her, but just in general and I feel like I cannot just lay in bed and I must get up immediately to tackle the million things to be done in this house. At this point my husband starts eyeing me warily because after 4 years of marriage he is quite aware of my morning alter ego, Witchy.

I stumble downstairs with Riley to sit on the couch and play with her. A few minutes later I can hear Matt coming down and he sits cautiously, a safe distance away from Witchy on the couch in learned silence. A few minutes later, he carefully breaks the silence and says that he will take Riley and go get breakfast for us. **My husband is the GREATEST.** However, Witchy is still in full control and she starts to ramble about how that's fine, but she's going to be here vacuuming and doing all the other things that need to be done. Again, my amazing husband knows me well and says nothing, but quietly goes upstairs to get ready and returns and gets Riley changed (because Witchy gave her a zwieback cracker to chew on and she made a mess of herself).

By this point, he can see that Witchy is fading, and she only tries to crazily protest one more time about cleaning the house before he calmly reminds her it's 7:15 am on a Sunday morning and asks her politely for his sanity and hers to please go back up to bed. And then he even kisses her goodbye.

He returns, after getting breakfast and taking our precious baby to the park and lets me sleep in until 9:15. We all had a fun family breakfast in bed and then we watched our little girl drift off to sleep laying between us. At that moment, I immediately prayed to God and thanked him for blessing me with a husband who knows my faults and still loves me and a daughter who brings so much joy to our lives.

P.S. We all slept until noon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!