Friday, August 1, 2008

Best Friend Love That Still Flutters

Looks like love to me!

We've been married four years today! Matt surprised me with a much appreciated trip to the spa this morning. I believe that most new mothers would look at an hour long massage as a bonus nap time, but despite the soothing sounds of rainwater I couldn't help but take that time to reflect on our lives. So many things, good and bad, have happened to us in four years and when I look back on these events I realized that each time we grew a little closer and a little stronger in our love.

I heard on a show today, that I will not mention the name of because of it's embarassment factor, a girl say that married love is different. She said that it's not the first love where your heart flutters. She called it best friend love, a trusting love, where you know your heart is safe. I found myself agreeing because Matt is my best friend. He knows every story. He loves my quirks. He calms my worries. He always stands by me. HE IS THE WITNESS TO MY LIFE.

But then again, I found myself disagreeing because sometimes my heart still flutters. Like when his face lights up when he's doing something he really loves. Or when he surprises me with something and he's almost nervous about it. Or when we held our baby girl for the first time.

Even now as I'm writing this blog and I'm remembering all the little moments that only he and I have shared and I'm thinking of all the little moments still to come, there it is....a flutter.

2 comments:

  1. I won't sell you out, but I know exactly which show you are talking about, b/c I was folding laundry and watching this very young person talk about her marriage! Hee hee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post Linds! I am so happy for you, for matt, and for your family:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!