Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's no place like home...

After clicking our ruby slippers, (braving DC morning rush hour, finding a parking spot in the "economy" lot, riding the shuttle with four bags, an infant and a boppy, and hopping a Midwest flight from Reagan) we arrived for Riley's first official trip to Kansas. She was technically there last summer, but the only sights she saw were inside my tummy. She was AMAZING on the plane, and slept most of the way in her carseat. I have to admit it helped that the flight was virtually empty and we got our own row! She slept most of the 2 1/2 hour flight and was up to smile and play for the last 30 minutes.
After a much needed diaper change that thankfully happened in the last 10 minutes of being on the plane, Aunt Tata met us at the gate and Riley was ready to explore! She played with Tata while her Daddy and I waited for the bags.


Leaving the airport we headed for the LV to meet up with Gammy and Gampy! For those of you who don't know, LV is most famous for...


We had a great week just visiting with the family. We did some shopping and ate out a lot! A highlight was Riley's first carousel ride at Oak Park Mall. I didn't really want to go on, but Gammy urged me to take her and I'm so glad that I did. She loved it and Daddy snapped some great pics!

Before we knew it, our trip was over and it was time to head back home. I swear time flies when I'm there and everytime I wish I could pack my family up to take back with me. We said goodbye to Gammy at her office and Gampy and Tata took us back to the airport.


Riley's second plane ride ever was not quite as smooth as the first. Apparently quite a bit more people are trying to get out of Kansas and over to the east coast (go figure)! Here's a pic that sums up our plane ride, shuttle back to the economy lot, and drive home through evening DC rush hour.

For more pics of our trip, you can check out her shutterfly page !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!