Thursday, August 28, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

I'll start by letting all of my 2 readers know that my goal now that I'm back to work is to try and post at least once a week. Truly, this is a selfish aim because I really started this blog as a modern day scrapbook for Riley in the hopes that it will still be around when she's old enough to know about it and hopefully appreciate it. Not that I fault my parents, but I wish that they remembered more about me and the things that we did in the first year of my life and so this is a gift that I want to give my Riley.

Like my dear friend Lindsley and her mover and shaker Zaden, I can hardly believe that Riley is inching ever closer to that one year mark. She's doing so many new things lately and I find myself in stitches everyday enjoying her discovery of the world. These are just a few of my favorite things that she's doing lately.

* Her bottom two teeth are through and grow "taller" everyday, I miss my baby gummy smiles, but she seems just so proud of those two little teeth and thankfully she hasn't bitten me yet! I promise to post a picture as soon as I have a good one, it's been tricky trying to capture it so far.

*She laughs so much these days, really big belly rumbling laughs. She LOVES having her armpits tickled and she laughs so hard I can't help but laugh along with her.

*She is creeping and oh so close to crawling. She can get up on all fours from a sitting position and push forward, but hasn't quite mastered the coordination yet. She LOVES playing with Duke and squeals with delight when they have tummy time together and he playfully "growls" at her.

*She definitely knows her Mommy and Daddy and can locate one of us and then burst into smiles if we ask her, "Where's Daddy?" She reaches for us and although she doesn't let me snuggle her like I used to she's started nuzzling my neck and still snuggles me when it's bedtime at night.


*She LOVES bathtime and tries to wiggle herself out of my arms as soon as she sees the water pouring into the tub. I am teaching her to splash and I don't mind that she gets water everywhere because she enjoys it so much.


*She loves the water sprayer in the sink and I'll spray it for her and sing "it's raining, it's pouring" which she finds extremely amusing.

*The face she makes when she is really studying something and finds it fascinating, it's an eyebrow raise and a half smirk which I am trying desperately to capture on video.


I never knew before now, but watching your child experience and enjoy life's simplest things for the first time is an amazing experience.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...it is so amazing watching them grow up...I wish I could wait till he's like 5 to have another one so I don't miss anything..but man, I'd be one old mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!