Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby Monitor Insomnia

Sigh, I'm tired. Every day when I wake up I promise myself that today I will go to bed earlier. I head upstairs almost every night around 9:00, with good intentions of being asleep by 10. I lay down, the lights are off, fan is going, it's the perfect sleep environment except...

I have insomnia and not just any insomnia, specifically what I have dubbed baby monitor insomnia. I can't turn away from my baby monitor. Riley tends to wake up a couple of times a night and I lay there waiting for her cries because inevitably when I do manage to fall asleep she usually wakes me up right as I'm getting into that deep sleep fog that is hard to function in.

Where's the logic in this you ask? There isn't any. I've been sitting here trying to justify this post and I still can't think of a solid explanation. Although, I assume (okay HOPE) I'm not alone in this.

1 comment:

  1. well you know all too well that Zaden and I are right there with you! Everytime I get in a good sleep, he wakes me up. I even do get into bed by 10, but then I end up staring at the tv for an hour, and then....duty calls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!