Monday, July 28, 2008

A Treasured Moment


Last night Riley had a rough night sleepwise. Usually, Matt and I have to go in about twice a night once she's down to give her belly a pat and to pop the paci back in. For whatever reason though she was just miserable last night and after about an hour after she went down she started crying and just couldn't be soothed with tummy pats and her pacifier. Eventually after an hour and 1/2 of this back and forth soothing I decided to pick her up and bring her to bed with me and snuggle her.

As I lay there with her watching her sleep she started chuckling and then laughing out loud. She carried on for about 15 seconds, all while still asleep. I was so happy to have been there with her and able to enjoy this moment in the peaceful dark of the night. It reminded me of a picture we took when she was only a few days old.
I can hardly believe Riley is already 6 months old, I know it doesn't seem like much time, but she's changed so much in such a short time. I have loved every moment of her life so far and I feel so blessed to be her Mommy. She's gone from being completely dependent on me to discovering the world around her and taking charge. She amazes me every day, and while I miss her letting me snuggle and cuddle her whenever I want I am so thrilled by her love for life.
I wonder what she was dreaming about last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!