Sunday, January 25, 2009

That's What I Get

for trying to get our taxes done early! Let's just say I tried to be proactive about doing our taxes and I hit a snag. Actually the problem is a combination of two things...

1) I have "Momnesia" and with a long swim meet the night before, not a lot of sleep, and a first birthday party coming up I ordered the TaxCut software instead of the online way that I have always done.

2) And I think some of you all feel my pain on this one.... I HAVE FREAKIN VISTA!!!!!

After 35 minutes on the phone tonight with a tech and several "fixes" I was right where I started. Now, please let me state that the poor person trying to help me was very polite and very patient with my very slow moving computer.

However, there was one time during the call when I had to pinch my leg to keep from laughing out loud. As a ranger's daughter I am quite familiar with the "Military Alphabet", you know Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta...I use this frequently when I am spelling my last name to people on the phone so they get it right! The poor tech tonight was clearly never a ranger child because as I was being read the cmd sequence to type into the computer as a "fix" this is what I got:

Tech: Okay, let's see here, please type in the following: f as in uhh fuzzy, s as in hmm snail, u as in let's see umbrella, t as in tiger, i as in oooh iguana, l as in.....l as in....lion!

Me: Pinching my leg so hard, and holding my breath thinking did this guy just tell me f as in fuzzy and i as in iguana????

Tech: Okay now type resource, then s as in hmm can't remember what I used before so let's use snake!, e let's try elephant!

Me: Gut is rumbling now from holding in laughter because the guy is getting more and more excited about his ability to discern beginning sounds.

Tech: t oh i love it, turtles!, c as in computer, o hmm, ohhh, ohhh, hmm OPRAH!, d as in DELICIOUS! e as in oh yes elephant again

Me: Oh so I should type "set code" (meanwhile tears are streaming down my face)

Tech: oh yes, hmm, I suppose I could have said just type that. Okay last word - true!

Me: Dying because true is a word you should try to use the military alphabet for because over the phone it sounds like "TWO" "Wait, two as in the number or true?"

Tech: Yes, true. Now hit ENTER!

God bless his hard working soul, at work on a Sunday and God forgive me for finding his enthusiasm so amusing and God thank him for giving me a much needed laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I was giggling through that - fuzzy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you for the laugh! i don't know the alpha bravo stuff but i'm sure i wouldn't said "s" as in uhhhhhhh.....silly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I don't have words for how funny that is. You couldn't make that up. Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!