Monday, May 7, 2012

Party Popcorn

On my late night Target shopping trip to get all our 2nd Annual Cinco/Cam's 2! party supplies I got a little overzealous. At one point I had the makings for about 5 or 6 other food items in addition to the stuff we actually served. Once I realized this I had to stop and make some editing decisions. Sadly, funfetti cake batter dip didn't make the cut because I was worried about keeping it cool, but thankfully party popcorn fit the bill for an outdoor shindig!


To make this recipe you will need:

1 bag of microwaveable popcorn
1 cup of Nestle (or whatever brand you like) white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp of vegetable oil
Sprinkles or whatever you want to jazz your party popcorn up with!

Put 1 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  

Microwave for 1 minute. Remove, stir, add 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil. Return to microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth.


Pop 1 bag of popcorn following the instructions on the bag. Place in a separate mixing bowl.

While the popcorn is still warm spread the melted chocolate over the top. Using your hands carefully mix the popcorn until evenly coated with the chocolate.

Cover with sprinkles and carefully mix one more time.

Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!  For the party I actually doubled the recipe, but I made them in two separate batches.  There was only a bit leftover at the end but I divvied it into some ziploc bags for quick afternoon snacks for my kiddos this week.


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving us some love!