Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekly Menu

I'm thinking about getting hard core into couponing again. That could be a whole post entirely, but with summer coming and freedom for work I think it's an attainable goal. Anyone have good couponing sites, plans, or tips they want to share? I'm listening. Anyone want to join me in this adventure and we can go it together, perhaps splitting the work? Email me! Now, on to the menu!

This week I planned some tasty meals. I love when I'm excited about our meals because in turn I'm more motivated to cook them. Except for Tuesday night, when TG might have had to step in and rescue our poor family from being dinnerless because I was too exhausted to even formulate coherent thought much less be operating a stove burner.

So here's what we've got going this week.

Monday: Neighborhood Pizzeria deal after a trip to the swimming pool
Tuesday: BBQ sloppy joes - usually Tuesday is my crock pot night (which might explain why I was too tired to get up and cook!), but a sale at the grocery store prompted a last minute change
Wednesday: Date night with Twinnie
Thursday: Chicken salad on croissants with pasta salad and fresh strawberry shortcake
Friday: Grilled beef tenderloin and veggies
Saturday: Pioneer Woman's Braised Short Ribs with whipped potatoes and roasted root veggies
Sunday: Four Cheese Chicken Pasta

I may have already shared this week's recipe on here, but it's so good it is worth posting again. I received a premade dish from my husband's secret santa three years ago with a copy of the recipe on top. At the time I was very pregnant with Riley, exhausted and just giddy with a meal that I didn't have to cook. Then I tasted it and the rest is history.

Trust me, this is my go to meal. Pot lucks, birthdays, dinners for new moms or sick friends, picky kids? This is a crowd pleaser folks, so if you love pasta, and seriously who doesn't, print this out and put it in your files. Your taste buds will thank you.

Four Cheese Chicken Pasta
8 oz uncooked pasta (I prefer mini farfalle/bowtie pasta)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (you can go with the low sodium, or low fat option)
1 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese, cubed
1 4.5 oz. jar of sliced mushrooms (you could use fresh)
1 8 oz. carton of heavy cream
1 stick butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese
2 1/2 C cubed cooked chicken (I usually get a rotisserie chicken and use the white meat only for this dish)

Topping:
1/3 C seasoned bread crumbs
2 T butter, melted
2 T grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350.

Cook pasta al dente per package instructions. I usually take about 2 minutes off the suggested cook time because this is going to go in the oven when all is said and done and you don't want soggy pasta.

While pasta is cooking combine the soup, cream cheese, mushrooms, cream, butter and garlic powder in a large kettle on medium heat, stirring frequently until the cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan and Swiss cheese, continue to stir until melted. Add the chicken and heat through.

Drain your pasta and then add to the sauce pot. Stir until all the pasta is coated.

Now for the topping! Pour your breadcrumbs, melted butter and Parm in a bowl and mix until well combined.

Transfer pasta to a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle your topping over the entire dish (I prefer to use my hands to get it spread evenly).

Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the delicious topping is golden brown.

ENJOY!!! I usually serve mine with a bit of fresh parsley or a green vegetable like peas or asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!