Friday, April 12, 2013

Gammy and Gampy Time

Since Gammy and Gampy weren't able to make it out here for Christmas because of the blizzard they changed their travel plans to be here for Riley's 5th birthday. It was so much fun to have my mom here to help me decorate and get things ready for the party.

One of the things I can remember about my birthdays growing up is how my mom would decorate with streamers and make us character cakes. It was fun to come full circle and be doing those things for my own children with her here with me! She was a trooper the night before the party and only fell asleep a few times as I worked until the wee hours finishing Riley's shirt I hand embroidered for her.  I was so thankful for the extra set of hands during the party while the boys took a men trip to lunch and Dick's at the mall.

It's always a sad time in this house when it's time to take Gammy and Gampy back to the airport. We managed to get a cute picture of them with the kiddos (before the tears ensured) this time before they left though. We love you Gammy and Gampy! Come back and see us again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!