Sunday, December 20, 2009

So Not The Charlie Brown Tree

I am a nerd most of the year, but at Christmastime my nerdom soars off the charts. I ooh and ahh over twinkling lights, gush over Santas of all shapes and sizes, and positively swoon over Christmas trees. This year TG surprised me and took our family to see perhaps the most famous tree in the country.

So NOT a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.


For ten years now I've wanted to see the National Christmas tree and 56 state trees in President's Park. It all started on a training trip far far away as two Christmas nerd friends recovered from a beating by watching an HGTV show about Christmas at the White House. I've been relentless since then, but even after living here for 4 years I still had not been able to convince my husband to make the pilgrimage.

I guess I finally wore him down and to my hearts delight I now have this for the family photo album.



Don't let this face fool you.



Riley loved it too!



We made the most of our short trip because it was cold and posed by not one...



But TWO of the state trees.



Before we left we warmed up by the fire pit.



We had a wonderful time together and I was so thankful to TG, but if he thinks my "To See At Christmas List" ends there...



He would be mistaken, because it's on to the White House!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made a few posts before vacation! Hope you have a wonderful time (I'm jealous) and when you get back I expect many more updates on the Vinson fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. why are you blogging on your vacay? 2. Riley looks PRECIOUS! She's just getting prettier by the minute! 3. NYE plans?? wanna come over? invited some other buddies too that you know who have small kids....could be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!