Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Leaves Came Down

When I was little I loved jumping in the leaves. My sister and I would scurry around and gather armfuls of leaves in the yard and work as hard as we could to make a huge community pile. Then when we couldn't stand the wait any longer we would launch ourselves into those leaves with the satisfying sound of crunched leaves ringing in our ears.

It's been a long time since I've jumped in a leaf pile. I had grown too old to hear the crunch of leaves calling me. Begging me to jump. Then a few weeks ago it was like I could hear that ringing in my ears again. Faintly, but distinct.











Those leaves were calling my baby. Beckoning her to crunch and laugh. She happily obliged and I was pleased to discover that watching her innocent delight was just as satisfying. Here's to many years of crunching leaves to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!