Friday, December 18, 2009

A High and Low

While we were home with my family my parents got us tickets to go to the Chiefs vs. Steelers game. I am a big football fan, an even bigger Steelers fan and I LOVE TAILGATING. We haven't been able to do that since before Riley was born so of course we jumped on the chance to go enjoy some bbq and cheer for the Steelers. Gammy offered to watch Riley for the day so we headed out early to meet my Dad who left the house at 6 am to secure a primo spot.

Matt manned the grill and cooked up the delicious chicken and steak kabobs that my sister and Tuna made.



Lesley and Tuna were in charge of entertainment. In the form of frozen drinks (that I couldn't have),a football (which lasted three throws before Lesley pegged a car) and ladder golf (to be explained for other old folks like us in a moment).



Matt and I posing by the ladder golf. This is a game apparently played by young college kids these days. It made me feel old that beer pong has been left behind for ladder golf. Basically you toss a rope with a golf ball attached to each end at a 3 rung PVC pipe ladder and try to keep your rope on the rung. The most points wins.



The view from our pretty awesome seats where I totally expected to cheer my Steelers on to an embarassing win over the locals.



Turns out me and seester were the ones who were embarassed when our defending Super Bowl champs lost to the KC Chiefs and we did the walk of shame out of there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!