Friday, October 23, 2009

There's a rumbly in her tumbly

Riley and I went swimming yesterday and spent a good 45 minutes going back and forth across the pool. Riley (and I) was exhausted and hungry when we were done, but armed with a cheese stick snack I figured she'd be okay until we met our friends for dinner.

Wrong.

We got to the place a little early so I decided to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart. As soon as we enter the store Riley stops mid Halloween candy aisle, grabs her baby belly and in the saddest of voices starts saying, "Ow. Ow. Ow Mama. Mama, OW!" At first I thought she had swallowed too much pool water, but then I kneeled down next to her and I could hear it. A small growling and rumbling in her little tummy.

With no more treats in hand I did what any mother any crazy mother would do in order to finish her errand. I grabbed a bag of Teddy Grahams from the Halloween section ripped it open and gave her one. And was immediately rewarded with a "Thank you, Mama. YUM, YUM!"

1 comment:

  1. Awe...what a precious moment...if only we could bottle those up and save them for a not so precious day. So I am curious...how do you get laps in with Riley? I want to get back into the pool, but kiddos, they don't let you swim. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!