Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thrifty Start to Finish

I'm a sale kind of woman, clearance sale kind to be exact. Even before the "current state of our economy" I employed my game to make purchase decisions. I drive an internally HARD bargain; give me the kamaaina rate or I'm not buying it.

So of course when TG wanted to go yard sale-ing on this dreary Saturday morning, I was armed with my cash and ready at the door in a matter of minutes. True to form we didn't find the things we were looking for, but we did find something that wasn't even on our radar. Forget $5 cute, this is $5 FUNCTIONAL.


Feeling bolstered by our morning savings spree, we decided to tackle a long avoided cell phone shopping trip in the hopes of continuing our sale streak. The storefront disappointed us, but not to be deterred we hopped over to our local electronics store and scored a 90% immediate discount(translate no mail in rebates) on his and hers matching phones.

Photobucket

What does one do to bask in the glow of their thriftiness? Order up some free DVR, pick up a free sub (with points) from Harris Teeter for dinner and snuggle this baby of course.



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving us some love!