Monday, November 3, 2008

Mish Mash Monday

It's been a few days since I've posted and so many things have been happening! I decided that in order to fill you all in I'm NOT going to do Not Me Monday today and instead will fill you in on all the details in one fabulously Mish Mashy blog post.

Friday was Halloween, whoop de doo! Okay, I'm just not a big Halloween person, never have been. Matt and I decided that since princess is too young to understand we might as well enjoy one last year of peace and quiet on this day before at least 12 years to come of costuming, trick or treating, and sugar comas. So we didn't dress her up in a costume, but she did have a cute little outfit courtesy of Gammy and instead of trick-or-treating, we brought her to the character parade at school and she had a great time. She was only slightly terrified by a child dressed up as a huge veiny eyeball, but I was too so I couldn't blame her.

For my die hard Halloweeners out there, don't worry I'm not a complete Scrooge! I always put a bowl full of yummy candy and prizes out on the front step for the kiddies! This year our bowl had only one visitor, a late night eater who had very specific tastes, Reeses Cups! Beware, if you see a sugar high squirrel on the loose it's because he partook in Halloween at our house. :)
Saturday I had the absolute PRIVILEGE of watching Zaden while my best Mommy friend moved to her new house. He was an absolute dream. ***Watch out those of you without children, one day with Z and you'll be wondering what all the hullabaloo about babies is about and you'll be hightailing it home to start a little family of your own!!! Simply put he's not a "BC" baby, but we'll lend you Riley who has KILLER separation anxiety these days if you'd like. :) ***


Matt and I had so much fun with Riley and Z the day just flew by. After a very relaxing morning, great naps and lunch, we took them for a walk at our favorite park and finished up with a ride on the swings. We were amused by all the perplexed people watching us with two babies that looked pretty close in age, but not at all twin like. A great day was had by all, though we will admit that simple math does apply and even 2 very easy babies means 2 times the work - big ups to all you moms of multiples out there!


We wrapped up our weekend with my used to be favorite "holiday", otherwise known as Daylight Savings Time. Pre.Princess.Riley. this day meant an extra hour for Matt and I to sleep, lounge, movie watch, etc. Excitement was replaced with nervous anxiety about what our sweet baby girl would do!

Very wisely we went to bed at the regular time on Saturday night because she was up at her usual wake up time of 645 which thanks to DST was actually 545. Luckily we managed to stretch the awake time before both her morning and afternoon nap by 30 minutes though and she was right back on schedule. Another parenting dilemma solved - go us! What did we do with our extra hour this year? We finally got around to carving one of our pumpkins. Riley was fascinated by the way it lit up and enjoyed standing up and banging on it's head.


WHEW! To wrap up the mish mash post, in the spirit of Not Me Monday here's a few not mes from our week....

I so did NOT actually worry about DST for a few days prior to have it all turn out okay. Absolutely NOT that would just be ridiculous and we all know I'm many things, but not the least bit ridiculous.

I did NOT obsessively check MckMama's post and most certainly did NOT cry when I read that God performed a miracle and baby Stellan diagnosed by doctors "with no chance of survival" was born perfectly healthy. Praise the Lord!

Lastly, I did NOT boohoo about my friend moving away because if anything I am so happy for her little family and their beautiful new home. I am definitely NOT acting like she moved out of state when she only moved 30 minutes away. And I will NOT let 25 extra minutes keep me away from my dearest friend and her sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!