Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like

CHRISTMAS!
I know I'm a week and a pinch too early, but I just don't care. I've caught the Christmas fever and even though I'm usually all about giving Thanksgiving it's due, this year I just can't help myself. I think it's because I have this sweet baby Princess to share all the wonderful Christmas things with!



The Christmas take over began slowly a few weeks ago when I bought Riley her first Christmas ornament. Then I started listening to a few Christmas songs in the car (the radio stations are playing them already!). I perused the $1 section at Target full of Christmas junk that you don't need, but just have to have (but I AVOIDED THE FULL ON CHRISTMAS SECTION AT THE BACK OF THE STORE) Finally this week, hubby got me a wreath that I liked so much to help cheer up his sick ladies....and then the spirit of Christmas snowballed!

Instead of singing Riley her usual lullaby I sang her Jingle Bell Rock and Silent Night. She only stared at me with confusion for a moment before snuggling in.

I switched my plug ins to evergreen tree and the delightful smell of Christmas tree permeated the house.

I hung my beautiful Target wreath up on the front door!

We bought our little elf some adorable Christmas outfits to wear this month - we're still on the hunt for cute Christmas socks for toddlers. Leave me a comment if you know where we can find them!

And then the coup de grace for all things fall and Thanksgiving...I had Matt bring up the Christmas decor boxes. I squealed with delight as he carried them up from the garage with only the slightest grumbling and mumbling. Riley and I spent part of the afternoon decorating our mini tree with Pooh ornaments Gammy has been buying me for over 10 years. It was a pretty special moment to be showing my daughter the ornaments my mother has been collecting for me since I was a kid. Here's the princess checking out the tree.



We had a good time and it's finished! I promise I'll post pictures when I can get our little wormy to hold still by the tree for one second...oh and to stop trying to eat the ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!