Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bring In The Spring

I love everything about the spring. Fresh flowers make me smile. I gush over blossoming trees. The spring smell of grass, rain and even dirt makes me giddy. And the sunshine, oh how I love the days of warm sunshine.

Spring came early here (and around the rest of the country it seems) and I couldn't help but bring the fresh feeling of the season into our home too.

A bright green carnation bouquet, blingy pear and yellow forsythia adorn our toy/storage dresser. For the first time I broke down and bought fake forsythia from AC Moore instead of cutting it off of rogue bushes on the side of the road. The real thing is lovely, but the flowers shed quickly. I wanted some yellow staying power this year. I anchored them in a block of floral foam that I covered with faux moss from Dollar Tree.
 

I added a few springy touches to my little white cabinet. Four faux spring books that I made by wrapping leftover conversation heart boxes in packaging paper are held in place by my votive bookend. A chalkboard paint clothespin tag I ordered in bulk from GroopDealz fits perfectly. I bought a $.50 pick at Michaels for St. Patrick's Day and dismantled it. I tied the green ribbon on our gold coin candy jar and put the shamrock in the cabinet.
 

I bought 3 bags of green paper grass from Target for $.49 a bag. I used it in several places like this trifle dish that I filled with fresh yellow tulips.  They were on their last legs in this picture, but they were lovely for almost two weeks.

I filled my lovely Lucketts planter with more Target grass and plastic eggs and moved it to our buffet turned cable box and PS3 holder under the wall mounted TV. It took me a while to decide what to write on my clothespin tags so they are still blank in this photo, but I finally settled on "He Is Risen".

My new hutch got an update too with more pops of green and a few Easter eggs.  I filled the basket on top with some fake hydrangea clusters from AC Moore.  They were half off and I had a coupon.  Score.  

My egg candles on my "fancy" candlesticks always make me grin.  I think they are fun.  The lovely no polish silver platter was a gift from Gigi and Papa for Christmas.  The Longaberger egg basket was a gift from my Mom.  I got the plastic plate from Target for $1.99  and my trendy chevron boxes were $4.99 a piece.


Looking at these pictures I feel like my desire to bring a little Spring to our home was accomplished.  Do you change your decor seasonally?  Obviously I do and while it does make more work for me, it's the perfect creative outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love!